Saturday, September 24, 2011

Always top it off with a little Parmigiano


Another day trip with the program means one thing.....FREE LUNCH, complete with unlimited wine that Katie and I are 2quick to take advantage of.  Parma is a lovely, charming city.  The Duomo has a one of the most beautifully painted ceilings that I've ever seen (right up there with that little Sistine Chapel over at dat Vatican Citayyy).  This was the first day trip I did not hung over, so the tour preceding the amazing lunch was less excruciating than normal....but I still thought about the lunch the whole time. And then at about 1:30pm we started to pop bottles.  As soon as I heard that MARVELOUS sound of frizzante wine bottles gettin' popped, my adrenaline started pumping.  Then they proceeded to bring out the most tender, delicious prosciutto I've ever tasted (a specialty of the Parmigiani....along with....you guessed it....Parmigian cheese).  It was all and all a pretty good day.  There is also a Giuseppe Verdi festival in October in Parma, that you better believe my ass will be attending.  The theatres in Parma where magical.  Sitting in the seats made me miss seeing theatre so much! So I envision at least one opera in my near near future.  But tonight we're hitting up that Cassero Gold Party, 9pm-9am...breakfast included in ticket, gettin' shitty italian style! A dopo ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment